Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas with the Evans Family

Unfortunately I forgot my camera over the weekend when we celebrated christmas with my side of the family! We decided to fo to Duchesne before Christmas for money reasons ( which I'm sure everyone understands this time of year). We went up friday afternoon in order to make it to the annual Evans Family "christmas eve" party. This year we weren't able to have it on Christmas eve for many reaons, a big one being that my cousin Budge, his real name is Randall, and his girlfriend KC and their 2 daughters, Monique and Destiny were moving to California the following day for school. So we all got together at my Aunt Stacey's house for the traditional christmas eve meal of hamburgers and shrimp dip! Yep, without fail every year! It is one of the best meals of the season! YUM! Riley had a blast playing with all the young cousins and running all over the place. Kaylynn was very good as well. Also on Friday was my younger sister Eden's 20th birthday! I feel so old! We celebrated that at the party and we had tres leche cake, meaning 3 milk cake. It was Eden's choice, and also ice cream and TONS of goodies.

We had a great time up there, Saturday we took Riley outside and hooked a sled up to the back of a 4 wheeler and took him sledding around the yard. He loved it! It was very cold though so we didn't spend a lot of time out in the snow. My brother and dad went hunting that morning, Isaiah wanted to get some sleep on his days off so he chose not to go, and Jerrmey ended up getting a good size cow elk and was able to fill his tag! Riley really enjoyed looking at the ugly dead thing! YUCK! Also saturday night Kaylynn learned to stand on her head! It is so cute, I'll get a picture of it sometime I hope! She gets on her knees like she's going to crawl then sticks her head down and then puts her feet under her and it's pretty cute! LOL

Sunday afternoon before we headed home we celebrated christmas by opening a few presents with my family. My mom and dad and we had my sister Kaycee for christmas opened up their gifts. Isaiah and I and Riley opened up our few gifts, and Riley helped Kaylynn open hers, and by helped I mean did it for her :) LOL

We all had a very good time and even though I'm sad about not being able to be with my family for Christmas I am grateful that we'll be able to be with Isaiah's Family! Hope everyone has a merry chirstmas! NEXT POST I"LL HAVE PICTURES!!

MERRY CHIRSTMAS

No comments: